We have an exciting opportunity within our team for a responsible, passionate and dedicated Accounts Officer to assist in the implementation and maintenance of an accounting system within our organisation.
We are currently seeking someone who shares our passion for gender equality and is eager to learn from an experienced mentor to join us as an Accounts Officer. This position offers the opportunity for mentorship by the Pro-bono Accounting Officer during the implementation process, where you will learn and contribute to the development of an accounting system. After the system is finalised, control of the process will be given to you to maintain and coordinate. If you have an interest in gender equality and are enthusiastic about the opportunity to gain experience in an accounting role, then we would love to have you join us as the Accounts Officer.
- Be mentored by the pro-bono accounting officer to develop and understand the new accounting policies and procedures
- After this initial period, coordinate the accounting function within the organisation
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Conduct bookkeeping
- Represent Chalk Circle by upholding our values of equality for all
- Preparation of financial reports, including committee reports, annual reports
- Provide frequent updates to the Executive Officer
- Representing Chalk Circle by upholding our values of equality for all
- Recently completed or in the process of completing a degree in Accounting or similar field
- Eager to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Committed to promoting gender equality for everyone
Working with Children’s Check. If you do not currently hold a WWCC, this can be obtained once you engage in the recruitment process.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, email your (i) CV and (ii) cover letter addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org